Smarter Loans Inc. is not a lender. Smarter.loans is an independent comparison website that provides information on lending and financial companies in Canada. We work hard to give you the information you need to make smarter decisions about a financial company or product that you might be considering. We may receive compensation from companies that we work with for placement of their products or services on our site. While compensation arrangements may affect the order, position or placement of products & companies listed on our website, it does not influence our evaluation of those products. Please do not interpret the order in which products appear on Smarter Loans as an endorsement or recommendation from us. Our website does not feature every loan provider or financial product available in Canada. We try our best to bring you up-to-date, educational information to help you decide the best solution for your individual situation. The information and tools that we provide are free to you and should merely be used as guidance. You should always review the terms, fees, and conditions for any loan or financial product that you are considering.
Understanding data is key to success in the lending industry. This video helps understand the “modern borrower” and what lenders need to focus on to succeed. How to leverage new, innovative, “alternative” data sources and use them to create better risk models based on a more complete picture of a customer’s situation.
Video footage filmed at CLA Event on February 27th 2020 in Toronto, Canada. Original Music by Smarter Loans.
Featured in the video:
– Mark Ruddock, CEO of BFS Capital
– Victor Comas, JUDY.AI
– Rebecca Oakes, AVP of Advanced Analytics, Equifax
– Randeep Purewal
– Vahan Der Khaloussian, Director of Data Science at Capital One
– Gene Sobolev, Head of Data Science at BFS Capital
– Lloyd Evetts, Director at Inverite
– Sol Sun, Manager of Data Science at Borrowell
– Tanay Delima, Co-Founder at Clearbanc
– Nikita Pillai, Head of Alternative Data Strategy, Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.
– Do not underestimate the importance of 7/24, 365 access to data
– The bet with risk modelling is that whatever we cannot observe needs to stay consistent. But it doesn’t.
– We need to think how do we adjust our models to better understand a business and its environment.
– Reliable data to profile the business looking for a loan would be in high demand for lenders.
– UX is now everything.
– Advancements in Data Analytics will allow for more personalized financial products for businesses.
– User experience design is about frictionless onboarding and compelling reasons to stay.
Thank you to the Canadian Lenders Association for hosting the event and to all the speakers for bringing thought leadership to the lending industry in Canada.
Startup financing can take on many shapes, including bootstrapping, seed funding, crowdfunding, venture capital, unsecured business loans and much more. To help clear things up, we visited the Startup Finance event in Toronto in March of 2020. At this event, venture funding leaders gathered to answer the most important questions about early stage business funding.April 13, 2020
Highlights from the Restaurants Canada Show 2020, including exclusive interviews with industry experts. Footage filmed at the Restaurants Canada Show on March 2nd, 2020.April 12, 2020
Fintech Lending is on the rise in Canada. In this video we have a few of the industry experts explain what's been happening in the Canadian financing sector. Specifically we discuss how alternative financing options have emerged, that made it easier and faster for business owners to obtain funding for their business.December 23, 2019